Banana Plants For Sale
Banana Plants for sale. Shop Online from our wide selection of Musa Banana Tree Plants, Plantain Plants and many more tropical and subtropical plants and fruit trees.
Banana Plant Care
- Fertilize bananas using any type of high nitrogen organic fertilizer.
- Bananas are heavy feeders so we suggest that you fertilize every couple of months.
Light and Temperature Requirements
- Grow bananas in BRIGHT LIGHT.
- 12 hours of bright light are ideal for most varieties.
- bananas prefer Constant WARMTH this is very important
- Ideal night temperature is around 67 F
- Day temperature in the 80s.
- Having fresh circulating air is recommended
If you are in a more northern climate you may bring them during the winter.
- Planting in patches or groves is recommended
Pests and Diseases
- Bananas have few troublesome pests or diseases outside the tropics
- Root rot from cold wet soil is by far the biggest killer of banana plants in our latitudes
- Banana sap is more like water than sap but will slightly stain clothes if you’re not careful.
- However some find it to be a mild irritant.
Florida Hill Nursery is your internet source for buying rare plants and fruit trees. Our online Plant selection ensures the best selection of internet plants available. Check out our wide selection of other tropical plants, subtropical plants and northern temperate climate plants. Buy 1 plant or tree and receive free shipping on the next three plants or trees using *best way shipping. Our online selection of rain forest tropicals and fruit trees can add a piece of the tropics to your backyard, greenhouse, patio or garden.