Showing 17–17 of 17 results
Dragon Fruit Vines for Sale
Florida Hill Nursery is your online tropical internet source for Dragon Fruit Vines Hylocereus plants. We have assembled a wide variety of Dragon fruit Vine hylocereus plants from around the world for you to choose from. Please look around and make yourself at home. Be sure to check out our Bio Spectrum organic fertilizer before you go.
Dragon Fruit Vine Care
Soil and Light Requirements
- Grow in well-drained soils
- full sun to partial shade
- Plant the vine in a normal, large-sized pot.
- Use good potting soil, such as a mixture of compost, sand, soil, peat moss and vermiculite
Site selection and preparation
- Full sun is preferable with afternoon shade.
- Rich loose top soil is preferred as long as it drains freely.
- Plants should be spaced 8-12″ apar
- Plants can be clustered around a pole or climbing structure
Fertilizer/Soil and pH
- Ph requirements are 6.0-7.5
- Grow in moist, well-drained soil rich in humus
- We recommend you don’t fertilize at planting time or during the first growing season
Plants need time to settle in before being pushed to grow. Most established plants grow best if fertilized lightly. Fertilize in early spring with a light coverage of a balanced, organic fertilizer. However, if a concentrated, water-soluble fertilizer is used, please follow the manufacturers’ recommendations carefully.
- Water this cactus regularly; do not allow the soil to dry out between watering
- Water thoroughly after planting and give new plants a good soaking once a week during summer, unless rainfall is plentiful (more than 1 inch per week)
- Drip line irrigation is the preferable method
- Water once for every two weeks, letting the soil dry between these times
Established plants can generally get by on less water, but most grow best if the soil remains evenly moist.
As long as the vines are growing hardy weed control won’t be a problem.
Then, after the root has formed, other vines will begin to grow. After, let the plant grow weeks until it reaches over 10 pounds. Eventually, you will begin to see the fruit populate the plate once it has reached this size.
Pests and diseases
Pests and diseases are few and far between if using irrigation/drip irrigation it is better to keep evenly moist.
Florida Hill Nursery is your internet source for buying rare plants and fruit trees. Our online Plant selection ensures the best selection of internet plants available. Check out our wide selection of other tropical plants, subtropical plants and northern temperate climate plants. Buy 1 plant or tree and receive free shipping on the next three plants or trees using *best way shipping. We recommend using only Bio Spectrum organic Fertilizer located In our store.