Showing 1–16 of 62 results
Elephant Ear Plants for Sale
Florida Hill Nursery is your online tropical internet source for Elephant ear plants.
We have assembled a wide variety of Elephant ear plants, Xanthosomas, Caladiums, Alocasias, and Colocasias from around the world for you to choose from. Please look around and make yourself at home. Be sure to check out our Bio Spectrum organic fertilizer before you go.
Elephant Ear Plant Care and Instructions
Soil requirements and planting instructions
Mix together the following:
- 50 percent potting soil;
- 20 percent peat moss;
- 20 percent orchid bark with charcoal;
- 10 percent shredded sphagnum moss and a handful of perlite.
Place this mixture in a pot, bed or garden and plant your Elephant Ear plant.
- Soil Ph should be around 5.6-7.0
- Do not over water any members of this plant family, for example, if using drip irrigation allow soil to dry slightly between watering.
- When making a site selection keep your plant in an area that has bright indirect light, but not direct sunlight.
- Feed this heavy feeder every three weeks during the warmer months with a one half-strength fertilizer with a balanced N-P-K ratio or 20-20-20
- keep your plant fairly dry when planting to avoid crown rot, stem rot and other fungal diseases
Florida Hill Nursery is your internet source for buying rare plants and fruit trees. Our online selection of rainforest tropicals and fruit trees can bring the tropics to your back yard, greenhouse or garden.
Check out our wide selection of other tropical plants, subtropical plants and northern temperate climate plants. Buy 1 plant or tree and receive free shipping on the next three plants or trees using *best way shipping.